Monday, August 15, 2011

14 weeks until the marathon from this Saturday!

Good News! We have a lot of time to train. I am going by Ahl Higdon's 12 weeks to a 1/2 marathon for a novice. Found on his site

www.halhigdon.com

So if you want to find out where you are here are some things to answer:

Can you walk 3 miles? Can you jog any? Can you jog 2 minutes and walk 2 minutes? Can you jog2 /walk2 for 30 minutes? What is your milage at that 30 minute mark? Can you make that jog 2/walk 2 for 3 miles?

Find the answers to these questions this week. If you want to start training with the HH program repeat week 1 twice and then we will be on track.

Today is a stretch and strength day on my schedule. I'll spin a little cause it won't hurt me and stretch a lot and do weights.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

What's coming (the half marathon)

isn't nearly as important
as what is right now

(what am I doing to prepare, physically & mentally.)

Realistically plan your schedule for the week. Tell yourself WHAT YOU WANT, ie wellness, strength.

DL said...

Thanks Cindy. That is a good mantra to keep the training in perspective.

Today is 3miles. The distance, not particular time no particular walk/run pattern.

Explore your fitness today.

JulieHP said...

Well, its Squirrely Squirrel here and I am the novice of novice runners ... just took my third run (if you want to call it that) last night and I ran .4 ... 2 songs to be exact!

I was telling Courtney BEST Squirrel that my left ankle and the back of my right ankle had a strange pain in it so her advice was to stretch really well before and after... which I didn't do... So I will fill you all in on what comes next for this novice Squirelly Squirell and maybe next week I will be running to 3 songs!

Signing off!

DL said...

today on the schedule is a choice of either a 2 mile run or cross training. I am going to do cross training because I don't really like to run that much! I will probably spin because I am not that creative either. I think we picked up another squirrel last night. Betina squirrel

Don't forget to stretch Julie days you run and days you don't. What is on your 2 song playlist?